Archived Blog Posts
Be Safe Tomorrow
Studies show that cooking is the main cause for most home fires and burn related injuries. With Thanksgiving being the busiest cooking day of the year. It's good to know some safety tips to have a safe, and happy Thanksgiving holiday.
- Never leave food that is cooking unattended, especially when frying or broiling food. The stove should be turned off if you must leave the kitchen
- Keep anything that could easily catch fire a safe distance away from flames, or hot surfaces. Examples such as; potholders,towels of any material, paper or plastic bags, and wooden utensils.
- Cooking surfaces should be kept clean to prevent grease buildup.
- Always make sure to check the kitchen before leaving the home or going to bed. Check to see that all ovens, stoves and appliances are shut off and stored correctly.
- Have a fire extinguisher near by, and know how to properly use it if needed. Also smoke alarms should be checked monthly to see if properly functioning.
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties wishes you a safe and happy holiday season! Gobble Gobble!
Why is 24 Hour Services Important to you?
Damage doesn't follow time constraints
In many restoration situations, immediate action is very important, if not crucial to the salvation of your items and the severity of the damage done. Therefore, it is not possible for SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties to only operate eight hours a day.
Damage worsens quickly
Perhaps the most time sensitive form of damage is water damage.
- Within minutes of exposure to water, your belongings and the structure of your home will begin to absorb the damaging fluids. Paper goods swell and upholstery is soaked.
This is a common side effect of every case of water damage. But when you begin to wait, things slowly go downhill...
- In hours one to 24, drywall begins to breakdown. A musty odor will begin to appear and furniture swells and cracks.
- In hours 24 to 48, serious biohazard contamination is possible and metal begins to rust and corrode. Many other side effects appear during this time.
- After a week, cost increases dramatically and residents are at a serious health risk.
With SERVPRO, help is always here
There is not much typical emergency response services can do when it comes to structural damage. Their job is to protect the citizens, not their homes.
Whether it's 3 P.M. or 3 A.M., SERVPRO is always ready to jump into action. We will immediately begin to clean waste and provide the comfort and peace of mind that you will desperately need.
If you have found yourself in the face of a disaster in the early hours of the morning, never hesitate to give the SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry counties a call at (618) 435-8200.
Southern Illinois Businesses
When customers walk into your facility, nothing can stand out more than a dirty carpet. No matter the product or service, a work space with clean carpets attracts customers. Clean carpets let customers know that they are investing in a professional business that values the quality aspect of the product they are producing, or the service they are providing.
Taking the Extra Step for Your Business
While day-to-day maintenance such as vacuuming should be practiced in your business, sometimes professional carpet cleaning is a great way to bring life and cleanliness to your business. SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties offers a wide variety of services to fit your commercial carpet cleaning needs, such as:
- Bonnet Cleaning
- Hot Water Extraction
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties produces incredible results! Check our website today for before and after images and customer testimonials, and give us a call at (618) 435-8200.
Call the Experts
Have you checked under your kitchen or bathroom sink lately? Most people store a variety of cleaners, sponges, and miscellaneous clutter under the sink. It is out of the way, out of sight, but still handy. However, the team at SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties knows that this can hide potential problems.Try to stay on top of it and do not let clutter build up under the sink.
Leaks from pipes under the sink are often the source of water damage. The jumble of cleaning solutions, garbage containers, and hair, bath and shower products conceals drops of water and excess amounts of condensation, signs that your under-sink pipes are leaking. Call SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties today at (618) 435-8200.
Be Prepared this Winter
Why is a Frozen Pipe a Concern?
- When water begins to freeze, it expands. This can cause both plastic and metal pipes to burst, possibly leading to significant water damage to your home or business.
- Since water expands when it freezes, it puts unwanted pressure on pipes.
- As water freezes, the force exerted from the expansion can cause a pipe to burst, regardless of the strength of the material.
- You may not know you have a burst pipe as the water has turned to ice. Once the temperature starts to warm and thawing begins, leaking and flooding can occur.
FROZEN PIPE WATER DAMAGE TREATMENT AND RESTORATION
The key to avoiding costly secondary damage is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property with proper mitigation. Our SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties team has the equipment, training and experience to find and dry unseen water before secondary damages occur. We begin removing the standing water from your property with extraction methods, and rapidly dry your structure and contents with dehumidifiers that lower the indoor humidity levels, so your building dries out quickly. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties professionals will answer your call with rapid action and a full arsenal of drying equipment.
The Sooner You Call; The Better
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties understands that when a commercial water emergency occurs in your business it is important that the issues is mitigated quickly and efficiently.
The longer your business sits, the more money you loose. We own our own SERVPRO so we understand that each day and each hour are critical the money and business lost.
During these emergencies, it is not just the building that needs to be back up and functioning but the materials and equipment you use on a daily basis that allows your business to be successful. So not only do we want to take care of your building, but we want to help you with your equipment too. It is all part of the business and we are here to make it all better.
Commercial Cleaning and Restoration
Part of mission at SERVPRO has been to create a team of well-trained and experienced disaster recovery technicians, certified in a broad range of remediation, mitigation, and restoration specialties. Our team far exceeds our expectations and we are grateful for their devotion and desire to serve others here in Southern Illinois.
Emergency preparedness planning can be a useful tool for our area’s businesses. We offer the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan and Profile (ERP) as an opportunity for our managers to view and assess your premises and operations before disaster strikes. Abby Carrie is the head of our Emergency Ready Plan team and she will go to any business and create one for you and your business at zero cost. Using your input via mobile app, she will devise a personalized digital response plan that lets our crew hit the ground running if a catastrophe occurs.
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
Call SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties at 618-435-8200.
Did you know that Thanksgiving is the busiest day of the year for fire departments when it comes to home fires involving cooking equipment? With more home cooks cooking larger meals than they are probably used to, the number of home fires involving cooking equipment spikes to nearly 4 times the daily average on Thanksgiving! Whether you plan to be in charge of the kitchen or are just helping out, be sure to follow these important safety tips when preparing this year's Thanksgiving feast!
- Start your Thanksgiving with a clean stove and oven! The weekend before Thanksgiving, remove any food or grease buildup from burners, stove tops, and the oven.
- Always stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stove top. While items in the oven may not require as attentive an eye, food on the stove top should have constant monitoring in case of spillage or splatter.
- Stay in the home while cooking the turkey. You don't need to set up camp and keep a constant eye on the turkey once it's in the oven, but you should stay inside and check on it frequently. The last thing you want is a burnt turkey that sets your kitchen on fire!
- Keep a flame-resistant oven mitt, potholder, or lid near your cooking space so that you can smother any flames before they get out of control.
- Should an oven fire occur, turn off the heat and keep the door closed. This should allow the fire to burn out on its own. Once the fire has gone out, open your windows before carefully opening the oven door to release the smoke.
- Make sure your home has working smoke alarms and that your family knows the fire escape route in the event of a fire. Remember to always plan TWO WAYS OUT of every room.
- Avoid using turkey fryers, but if you must, make sure to follow the fryer's instructions. Also be sure to completely thaw the turkey before frying and always fry outside at a safe distance from the home.
Stay safe this holiday season! Should your home experience any fire damage, be sure to call SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties to make that fire "Like it never even happened."
Why Choose Us
Why Many Insurance Carriers And Adjusters Use SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties has worked with many insurance agents and claim adjusters. We understand your situation. As an agent or adjuster, you have a responsibility to keep claim costs down while providing the best services possible for your clients. Here are a few reasons why so many insurance agents and adjusters trust us:
Fast Emergency Response
Restoring commercial or residential property is the first priority at SERVPRO. Your insurance client will appreciate our immediate response and you will know we’re doing everything we can to limit the damage and the costs.
Pretesting Reduces Claims Expense
Like insurance agents and claim adjusters, we know restoring property is less expensive than replacing property. Our goal is always to restore whenever possible and replace only when necessary. That’s why SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties performs pretesting on every loss so we can determine if it can be restored.
Claims Inventory Service
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties can provide insurance agents and claim adjusters with an itemized loss inventory. We give you a report and pictures of important items. Your work is made simpler and clearer because we provide you with a complete and accurate picture of the incident.
Serving Adjusters and Your Clients
We know your job is to interpret the policy and adjust the claim. We don’t want you to have to deal with problems from vendors. Working with you, we strive to save you time so you can focus on priority files, while having complete control of every loss you’re assigned. We offer you 24-hour emergency response, damage mitigation, loss assessment, and an electronic file within hours.
Here To Help
The job of SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties is to reassure the customer, provide excellent service and communicate with the insurance agents and adjusters quickly. We work together with the agents to provide quick and effective property restoration and make it “Like it never even happened.” We are a one-stop shop for all of your needs!
Cold Weather is Almost here!
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties is "ready for any sized disaster."
As you go to turn on your furnace for the first time, don't just turn it on and leave the house with full trust in your furnace. It is important to ensure your home is safe. with a well-maintained furnace. It is best practice to take the following steps before you start running the heat: 1. Is there a smell? When turning on your furnace on for the first time since last winter, you may smell a burning smell. This is usually from dust that settled in over the summer. This is not uncommon, but if the smell lingers for over two hours, or a fire has resulted, calls for help immediately. 2. What is the current carbon monoxide detector reading? If you don’t have a carbon dioxide detector in your home or business already, it is important to get one and have it ready in your home. After turning on your furnace for the first time, if the alarm goes off, take protective measures by opening the windows and getting out of the house if they are too high. 3. Is the furnace making any unusual noises? If your furnace makes unusual noises when turning it on for the first time, find the root of the problem and get it fixed to help prevent a fire in your home or business. Be safe and stay warm!
Storm Damage In Southern Illinois
Storm damage can be one of the most challenging types of damage for most communities. When a large storm comes through town it affects so many people, homes, and businesses.
Most damage comes in small phases, a home or business here and there. But when a huge storm comes through a community-a large number of people are then affected. Which means a large number of people are now in need of help.
This is where SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties comes in. We have a large enough team that we can not only handle the small damage but we can handle the largest size disasters as well. We have relationships with all of our neighboring SERVPRO's that can get to us quickly and start putting peoples lives back together. We are proud to be part of a large company that can team up at any time to serve those in need.
We are proud to offer fire and water clean up and restoration along with storm damage to many communities surrounding Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties.
We are Ready for Storms!
Did you know that SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties travels all over the United States to help those in need after a storm. We clean up after anything from hurricanes to tornadoes.
Our team is prepared and ready to take on any size disaster including the huge ones. When a large storm is rolling in, our crews know to pack their bags and get ready to head out to help those in need.
We are proud to serve people in our community, but we are also thankful that we are able to travel and serve others all over the United States.
We never know when a storm is going to hit but we do know that we are trained and ready to hit the road as soon as it happens.
What Should You Do Before a Storm?
Preparing for a storm can be intimidating, let us give you some tips to make the process a lot easier for you.
Before The Storm:
- Build an emergency supply kit and make a family communication plan.
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage during a severe thunderstorm.
- Postpone outdoor activities.
- Remember the 30/30 Lighting Safety Rule: Go indoors if, after seeing lighting, you cannot count to 30 before hearing thunder. Stay indoors for 30 minutes after hearing the last clap of thunder.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- Get inside a home, building, or hard top automobile (not a convertible). Although you may be injured if lighting strikes your car, you are much safer inside a vehicle than outside.
- Remember, rubbed-soled shoes and rubber tires provide NO protection from lighting. However, the steel frame of a hard-topped vehicle provides increased protection if you are not touching metal.
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutters are not available, close window blinds, shades or curtains.
- Unplug any electronic equipment well before the storm arrives.
October Means HALLOWEEN!
Halloween is for costumes, candy and fun! No one wants their fun to be spoiled by a fire! SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties wants everyone to have a fun and safe time this Halloween! We have a list of safety tips below provided by the National Fire Prevention Association.
- Candles - Refrain from having an open flame. Use battery-operated candles or glow-sticks in your jack-o-lanterns.
- Costumes - Choose the right costume. Stay away from long or flowing fabric, and skip extraneous costume pieces.
- Decorations - Avoid flammable decorations including dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper that are highly flammable. Keep decorations away from open flames and other heat sources, including light bulbs and heaters.
- Exits - Remember to keep all decorations away from doors so that they are not blocking any exits or escape routes.
- Smoke alarms - Make sure all your smoke alarms are working and up to date.
- Visibility - Provide flashlights to children or have them carry glow sticks as part of their costumes. Make sure if a child is wearing a mask that the eye holes are large enough to see out of them.
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties wishes everyone a fun and safe Halloween!
Storm Damage Clean Up
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties is a family owned and operated business and we are proud to serve our community along with other communities after storms hit cities all across the United States.
All large loss teams are supervised by a commercial operations manager to help ensure seamless communication and timely mitigation.
At SERVPRO, the difference between us and the other companies...is our ability to dispatch trained production professionals and cut costs through the strategic placement and oversight of temporary labor.
SERVPRO as a whole has served clients in the commercial industry in some of the following areas:
- The Hospitality Industry
- Property Managers
- The Pentagon
Here at SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties we are ready to serve any area that has experienced storm damage. SERVPRO has teams across the United States ready to tackle any size disaster. Our training, technology, and equipment is next to none and our crews are the best out there.
Give us a call today to tarp your roof or board up your windows.
Have you had a fire damage recently? We are always busy with water emergencies, but fire damages have been happening in our area much more than they used to. We are often receiving phone calls from home owners who have recently had a fire.
Imagine experiencing a fire in your home. The thought alone is devastating. But when you imagine living it..it's not something you would wish on anyone. For us, we want to be that phone call of hope on the other line. "Yes, we can help you. We are sorry that you are experiencing this, but we are going to help you through this tragedy hand in hand."
Our team is trained and ready to clean up whatever size fire you have. We are ready to serve you. We are ready to listen and communicate. We are ready to provide you, your family, your home, and your items with the utmost respect.
Rain can bring Flooding!
As many counties in the Southern Illinois area are under a flash flood watch, SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry counties wants you know know what this means and how this can be a problem for some of you.
So what are the terms used for flooding and what exactly do they mean?
- "Flash Flood Warning: Take Action! A Flash Flood Warning is issued when a flash flood is imminent or occurring. If you are in a flood prone area move immediately to high ground. A flash flood is a sudden violent flood that can take from minutes to hours to develop. It is even possible to experience a flash flood in areas not immediately receiving rain.
- Flood Warning: Take Action! A Flood Warning is issued when the hazardous weather event is imminent or already happening. A Flood Warning is issued when flooding is imminent or occurring.
- Flood Watch: Be Prepared:A Flood Watch is issued when conditions are favorable for a specific hazardous weather event to occur. A Flood Watch is issued when conditions are favorable for flooding. It does not mean flooding will occur, but it is possible.
- Flood Advisory: Be Aware:An Flood Advisory is issued when a specific weather event that is forecast to occur may become a nuisance. A Flood Advisory is issued when flooding is not expected to be bad enough to issue a warning. However, it may cause significant inconvenience, and if caution is not exercised, it could lead to situations that may threaten life and/or property."
(definitions were pulled from the National Weather Service and attached is the link : https://www.weather.gov/safety/flood-watch-warning if you would like any further details.)
These terms all have different meanings and you are responsible to take action as needed to keep you and your family safe when heavy rain comes your way.
As always, be aware of the weather coming your way and be prepared for any situation. And remember SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry counties is always here to restore any damage that may strike your home or business. So protect yourself and we can take care of any other resulting damage.
We can help assist in reconstruction of your damaged property
After a disaster—whether it be a fire, water, or storm—damages your home you will need to rebuild and restore. For decades SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties has been known for our ability to respond to a disaster and fix your S. Illinois home or business to make it "Like it never even happened.”
The first thing you must do after a disaster is take temporary protective measures such as placing roof tarps to prevent additional damage, and boarding up to secure the building and remove water and debris. Mold, smoke, fire, and water damage all have their own protocol for restoration and our experts know how to tackle each problem.
Once your home or building is secured and the hazards are removed you can start the rebuilding process; from the structure itself to preserving and restoring the treasured items inside your home—including heirlooms, art, and family photos. The professionals at SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keeps costs low.
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
- Board Up
- Document Drying
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation though sub-contracting
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- Fine Art Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- Assist Clients w/ securing General Contracting
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- HVAC Services
- Move Out
- Sealing & Painting
- Roofing Services
- And more!
If you are in need of securing construction services contact SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties at (618) 435-8200.
Can SERVPRO Help Businesses too?
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties cleans, deodorizes, and completes disaster relief in businesses all of the time!
Our crew is fully capable and prepared to tackle multiple situations and your business's home is included on our list!
Our crew is aware that your business needs to be up and running again as soon as possible. With this in mind, SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties sends out a professional team to assure your business will be available to the public as fast as they can in a clean and adequate manner.
Commercial Specialty Cleaning Services options may include but not limited to:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls
- Document Restoration
- Drapes and Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Trauma and Crime Scene
If you are needing assistance with any of the above listed, contact SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin & Perry Counties at any time of any day at (618) 435-8200.
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin & Perry Counties has a heart to help!
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties loves to keep up with community events. Whether it be sponsoring an event, volunteering at an event, or even just attending the event; We love to get involved!
If you have an upcoming event in the area, and want us to help sponsor, attend, or volunteer at, contact us at (618) 435-8200. We will do our absolute best to make your request happen!
You can keep up with events, fundraisers, or giveaways SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties may be having, by following us on Facebook and Twitter, as well as reading these blog posts regularly.
Our goal is to become more involved in our community events and build stronger relationships with individuals within this amazing community. Feel free to contact us at any time and we will let you know our availability!
Call us today for all of your restoration needs and we will respond and be there soon! Contact us at (618) 435-8200!
Mold? We can Help!
All of this summer rain can bring moisture into your basement. Later down the road you may notice mold starting to spread in your basement or maybe it even completely engulfs the entire area!
Nobody likes mold; mold can be smelly, embarrassing, and even harmful. So when you first notice mold anywhere in your home, it is important to get it taken care of FAST!
When calling SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin & Perry Counties for a mold issue, we are to come in and rid the area of mold with our highly trained and fully equipped crew. No matter the damage, we can assure you our team will tackle it to the best of their ability and will always keep you informed of the plan and make you feel included every step of the way.
Nobody likes mold, so let us rid of it in a professional and efficient way!
Call us a (618) 435-8200 for any of your "moldy" needs!