Familiarize Yourself with The Signs
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties is no stranger to water damage. With a staff that knows lots about both the cause of water damage the correct procedure for clean-up and restoration, we would like to share with you the five most common reasons for water damage in your household.
Top Five Water Damage
- Bursting or leaking pipes such as those found in backed up toilets/drains. Damaged garbage disposal systems are another common location for bursting pipes.
- Issues with the plumbing system can be difficult or even impossible to detect. However, a common issue is hoses and joint pipes not being fully attached.
- Water build-up in susceptible areas such as crawl spaces, attics, and basements.
- Faulty household appliances. Every day appliances such as washing machines, refrigerators, and dishwashers are all susceptible to deterioration, so keep watch on older machines.
- HVACs (Heating, ventilating and air conditioning units) issues- especially concerning your everyday AC.
When Inevitable Water Damage Strikes, Give SERVPRO a Call
No one is perfect and while possessing the knowledge to avoid water damage altogether makes the world of a difference, sometimes things just happen. Luckily, SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties possesses the resources to help you and your family recover quickly. When water damage finds its way into your home, give SERVPRO a call, sit back, and relax, knowing your home will be restored quickly.