What to Do If the Oven Catches Fire
Watch your Food as it Cooks
It is very important to always monitor the food as you cook. Unattended cooking food in the oven is more likely to cause an unwanted house fire.
The Oven is on Fire. What do you do??
- If you do not have a fire extinguisher, leave the oven door closed.
- Turn off the oven and allow the fire to burn out on its own.
- If it does not go out or worsens, open windows and call 911.
- If it does go out, open your windows.
- Carefully open the oven door and remove any items that are burned. It will be smoky so be careful.
- Allow the smoke to clear before examining the area to determine the cause of the fire.