Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Facts about mold:
- Mold is present almost everywhere -- both indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- Mold comes in many colors and shapes.
Call SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin, & Perry Counties today to get mold in your home or business cleaned out as soon as possible.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (618) 435-8200
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin & Perry Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin & Perry Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Jefferson, Franklin & Perry Counties proudly serves Mt Vernon, Benton, and surrounding areas.